Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: WAXM Pigskin Picks

  1. #21
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    There were 3 (maybe 4) of PV's games broadcast this past year by them.

    I don't think WVEK carried any games this past season.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Week 1- Lee/PV
    Week 2- Kelly/Pound (?)
    Week 3- Burton/Kelly
    Week 4- (???? PV was off though)
    Week 5- Burton/PV
    Week 6- Clintwood/PV
    Week 7- (?)
    Week 8- Burton/Honaker
    Week 9- Clintwood/Kelly
    Week 10- Burton/Clintwood
    Week 11- Burton/GC

  3. #23
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Guess I am different, I actually like to listen to the show. It gets addictive.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  4. #24
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    I'm from Norton and I must say that WAXM carried way more Raider games than any other school the past 2 or 3 years. Now you also have to remember they have been the favorites to win the district for a couple of these and since Clintwood wouldn't be getting any WAMX coverage Norton was on last year a LOT also.

    WNVA should really try to do some games this year, what has it been now 3 years since they don't cover the local games anymore?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member dmike2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2009
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm from Norton and I must say that WAXM carried way more Raider games than any other school the past 2 or 3 years. Now you also have to remember they have been the favorites to win the district for a couple of these and since Clintwood wouldn't be getting any WAMX coverage Norton was on last year a LOT also.

    WNVA should really try to do some games this year, what has it been now 3 years since they don't cover the local games anymore?
    I didn't realize that, but last time I paid attention (been 2 or 3 years) PV was on WAXM 8 out of 11 regular season weeks, and the playoffs.
    At least nva mixed it up a little.
    I know a little bit about a lot and a lot about a little bit. Don't know everything, don't claim to. Like to talk, like to argue and debate, hate to fight. Might offend some, don't take it personally. :cool:

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Back in the day, WLSD carried PV every week.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'm from Norton and I must say that WAXM carried way more Raider games than any other school the past 2 or 3 years. Now you also have to remember they have been the favorites to win the district for a couple of these and since Clintwood wouldn't be getting any WAMX coverage Norton was on last year a LOT also.

    WNVA should really try to do some games this year, what has it been now 3 years since they don't cover the local games anymore?
    Still miss Butch Bradley.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  8. #28
    Inactive Member bballgal42's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2008
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by beamer_ball View Post
    There were 3 (maybe 4) of PV's games broadcast this past year by them.

    I don't think WVEK carried any games this past season.
    WVEK was sold to Holston Valley Broadcasting. They no longer carry football on the station.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Sounds like tonights show might be very interesting.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #30
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: WAXM Pigskin Picks

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Sounds like tonights show might be very interesting.
    Might need a couple helmets and wiffle ball bats....go maybe 3 rounds of 2 minutes or so...lmfao
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •